Books by Melissa Bowersock

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Resources for Writers

As a way of giving back, I decided I needed to add some writers' resources to my web page. Although there is plenty of advice on the web for newbies, it's pretty mixed as far as usefulness, plus it's scattered pretty widely. I wanted to distill the basics down to its purest form, creating a foundation from which new writers can then plumb the depths in other communities and forums across the web. 

So, in that vein, I developed a Resources page on my web site. Please feel free to check it out. I talk quite a bit about my favorite place on the web, Indies Unlimited, plus giving some basic parameters about editing, formatting, cover design, publishing and promotion. I think for anyone just dipping their big toes into the water, this might be a good place to start. Then you can springboard off into the depths and gather more information that's applicable to your particular situation.

If you can think of anything I've missed, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. Remember, the writers' community online is all about cooperation, not competition.

High tide raises all boats.


No comments:

Post a Comment