Books by Melissa Bowersock

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Coming Soon: Sonnets for Heidi

I've just finished the first draft of my latest book, Sonnets for Heidi. Here's the first cut of the book description:

When her mother died, Trish Munroe inherited the care of her elderly Aunt Heidi, who suffers from Alzheimer's. But after Heidi's own death, Trish uncovers a forbidden family secret that takes her on a journey of the heart she never imagined.

This story is quite a departure from anything else I've written. It's at once tragic yet heartwarming. And this is one of those books that led me on quite a journey, as well, taking me places I never planned to go and becoming so much more than I had first thought. By the time I got to the end of the book, my heart was breaking and I was crying my eyes out. Always a good sign, even if I am a mess by the time I'm done.

The book is now in the "cooling off" phase as I await feedback from my beta-readers. It's really hard not to go back in and noodle it, but I want to have fresh eyes when I go back to it. And the noodling process is so much more mechanical than the writing process; I'm not sure my brain is ready for that yet. I'm still basking in the afterglow. 

Stay tuned for more info about the book's progress and the upcoming release date. I'm guessing it'll be after New Year's. Can't hurry art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment