Books by Melissa Bowersock

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Launch - Part I

My latest book is done. Well, 99.99% done. I'm just double-checking EVERYthing, but it's very, very close to being completely done. 

And I really like it.

It's called Stone's Ghost, and it's a modern day ghost story with a twist. Here's the blurb:


Matthew Stone doesn't believe in ghosts … until he meets one. He owns a successful business in Lake Havasu, Arizona, home to the famed London Bridge that was brought over stone by stone and rebuilt over the Colorado River. He has a gorgeous girlfriend, a doting mother, and more money than he needs, but no time for stories about the ghosts who were transplanted from England with the famed bridge. When a chance encounter with a female ghost leads to unexpected friendship, Matt and the ghost are forced to rely on each other as they confront the pasts that haunt them.

In my next post, I'll reveal part of the cover. Gotta keep you guessing, right?

So here's the deal: I'm planning an online launch party. It's going to be July 26 all day long, and it's called the Friendly Ghost Party. I will host the party on a Facebook event page as well as my blog, and I'm  hoping that other bloggers will join in and host on their pages, as well. If you're interested in taking part, you can sign up here: 
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044DA5AE2CA64-blog. I'll be posting a list of all the blogs that agree to host and encourage partiers to spill over and share the love. I'll share updates and news on the FB page and on Twitter, using the hashmark #friendlyghostparty.

I'll have a giveaway going on Goodreads, plus a couple of contests between Facebook and my blog. You all may know that FB does not allow contests, so we have to be slightly devious about it. What I'd love is for you all to post any photos you have that are ghost-related on the FB events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/142948992566792/ Let's see pics of scary ghosts, funny ghosts, dog and cat ghosts, even ghost food. As the photos are posted and the page gets longer, please scroll through and "like" your favorites. At the end of the day, the photo with the most likes will win, so encourage your friends to drop by and vote for your pic. (Prizes to be announced!)

The second contest will be here on my blog. On that day, July 26, I'd love to have everyone tell us a ghost story in the comments section. Please keep your post under 250 words, but your story can be real, fiction, fantasy, whatever. Stories told around campfires. Stories told in sofa-cushion forts when you were a kid. At the end of the day, I'll put all the names in a hat and pick a random winner for a prize.

And finally, in honor of the new book, the Kindle version e-book will be available for .99 for that day only. And, just for fun, I'm going to lower the price on every book in my back list to .99 for the day as well. I'll be posting links to make it easy for you. 

What do you think? Sound like fun? I'll be posting more about it over the next several weeks. Stay tuned!




5 comments:

  1. A ghostly happening of mine:
    I was on my treadmill watching Ghost Hunters. In that particular scene, the guys were calling out the ghosts in a lady's house and cursing at it. All of a sudden my treadmill made a funny noise and started spinning very fast. Luckily I was holding on at the time. I lifted myself off and tried pushing the "off" button. Nothing stopped it until I pulled the plug. I've had the treadmill for 5 years, two since that happened. That event never occurred before or since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ghostly happening of mine:
    I was on my treadmill watching Ghost Hunters. In that particular scene, the guys were calling out the ghosts in a lady's house and cursing at it. All of a sudden my treadmill made a funny noise and started spinning very fast. Luckily I was holding on at the time. I lifted myself off and tried pushing the "off" button. Nothing stopped it until I pulled the plug. I've had the treadmill for 5 years, two since that happened. That event never occurred before or since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had only been in my new home a week when one night a noise from my walk-in closet awoke me. I turned to face it and saw a small round, wicker sewing basket roll on its side from the closet. It had been on an upper shelf. The incident gave me chills, even does so now when I go inside there.
    I have never been able to go to sleep since then with that closet door open. My friend asked me if I thought I was keeping the ghost inside by closing the door and she actually laughed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch Ghost Hunters, too. I have recently discovered Haunted Collector. It's even better!

    I have had a few weird, unexplainable encounters with spirits. Some good, and some bad.

    I am looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, thanks for sharing these. Sure sounds like you've got somebody sharing your home with you! Ghosts are particularly good at manipulating electronic devices, as John Edward always says. Heck, if I lived there, I would just close the closet door, I'd BAR it!
    Lorraine, not familiar with Haunted Collector; I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete