Books by Melissa Bowersock

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Listen Up! New Audio Book of Sonnets for Heidi

Family secrets; every family has 'em. What was the real story about your great uncle who moved to Alaska and was never heard from again? Why doesn't your cousin ever get invited to family get-togethers? Whose picture is that in the shoebox with no name on it?

Sonnets for Heidi is a book about just such a secret.  

Trish Munroe never planned to be a caregiver, but circumstances have conspired to make her responsible for her elderly Aunt Heidi. Trish does her best to balance the demands of her job, her love life and Heidi's advancing Alzheimer's, but the pressure is taking its toll. When Heidi passes away, there's a bittersweet reprieve until Trish uncovers a family secret of forbidden love that takes her on a tragic yet triumphant journey of the heart.

Sonnets for Heidi was a Finalist in the 2016 New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards, and is now available as an audio book as well as a paperback and eBook. You can listen to a sample of the audio book here.

But I have to warn you, read (or listen to) this book with plenty of Kleenex! When I was writing the last few chapters, I had to stop periodically to mop myself up, because I was crying buckets. I think this is the most heartrending yet emotionally satisfying book I have written. If that sounds like your cup of tea, I hope you will check it out. You'll be glad you did.






No comments:

Post a Comment